How do you define MPS?
When you say “Managed Print Services” or “MPS” many people have a different idea of what MPS is or the problems it solves. A company’s objective for evaluating and implementing an MPS solution may include one or many objectives:
- Fleet reduction and/or standardization
- Improved service levels
- Improved document secuirty
- Reducing their enviromental impact
- Vendor consolidation
- Reduction in print volumes
- Reducing burden on IT Resources
- Improved workflows/access to documents
- Better cost visibility/cost controls
- Cost Reduction
What can MPS help with?
Find out how a managed print solution can address these issues in your organisation as well as issues and challeges related to secuirtiy and regulatory compliance, support for a growing mobile workforce and other document and data driven processes.
- Frustrations with the growing number devices in their fleet and the lack of resources or tool to manage them efficiently
- The growing burden on IT to do more with less and an increasing amount of time spent on printer and copier related support issues
- Dissatisfaction with slow and inconsistent service response causing too much downtime, disruption to business and lost productivity
- Concerns with escalating colour costs and the impact it is having on budgets
- Complexities and inefficiencies with a decentralized environment when it comes to printer and/or supply purchases with no set device standards
- Unnecessary dollars tied up in supplies inventory/inventory carrying costs
Sound familiar? Contact us today via 1300 66 44 24, email or contact form.